Pages

Saturday 24 October 2015

What's That Ticking?

Ok, so I woke up this morning (always a bonus ~ gratitude #1), to the sound of ticking... uh? what?
 
As I lay there in my semi-wakefulness, half way between the land of nod and breakfast, my face on the pillow resting on my arm (this is how I sleep, on my side) and I realised two things.  Firstly I have the headache from hell... seriously, who wakes up with a headache?  Me, apparently.  And secondly, I can hear ticking?  Yes, ticking... I know I'm only half awake and in pain but tick tock?
 
Has some nefarious criminal placed me on an exploding mattress like they did in Criminal Minds or was it NCIS? Is there a bomb under my pillow?  Has someone delivered an old grandfather clock whilst I slept OR am I channelling my inner Captain Hook and a crocodile is about to attack?  OR is it really air in the radiators OR am I having a new sensory disturbance from my MS (like the 'crawling over the head' sensation isn't bad enough!)... should I be ringing the MS nurse (although perhaps not, I still haven't got in touch with her, to tell her my 'Hug' is back because I'd rather put up with the pain than have to constantly pop a pill!). I lay there and listen... tick tock, tick tock...
 
I hear my mum moving around next door, then my niece arrive to collect her coat... tick tock, tick tock...
 
I roll over... and low and behold the ticking stops!  As I haven't been blown to smithereens I assume they won't be making an episode of Criminal Minds about me, I know I'm not Captain hook (no missing hand, gratitude #2) ~ so no crocodile, and I really can't think why anyone would deliver a clock to me in the middle of the night, the heating hasn't come on... so that only leaves the MS, oh pooh!
 
I lie there and listen... no, there's no ticking.  I roll back over and hug my pillow and... tick, tock...

Oh no!  My pillow is a bomb...
 
My niece visits me (I'm still in bed!), to show off her coat, my son calls in and brings me a cup of tea (gratitude #3 for the tea, gratitude #4 for my thoughtful son), even my mum calls in (I'm still in bed ~ gratitude #5) and my hallway looks like Piccadilly Circus or a family reunion (gosh, I'm popular this morning LOL).  Do they not realise the danger they're in? As I sip my tea (tea first ~ bomb disposal later... priorities folks!) and think about Criminal Minds, my gaze lands on my watch (on my wrist)... have you guessed it yet?  Perhaps I'll remember to take my watch off tonight, or at least not lie on top of my wrist!  Tick, tock...
 
Now to business...

Layout #5 using my LIKE FOR EVER. September kit ~ from the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection, this kit is called 'ACORN AVENUE', with its autumnal colours its easy to see why.  My photograph is US, my family, quite a few years ago ~ I can't remember the exact date (why oh why didn't I put dates on the back of the photos :(  ~ twerp) and if I'm honest I've no idea what the occasion was either... but here we are ~ my mum, step-dad, brother and sister (I've no idea where my kids were or my hubby, but someone was taking the picture, right?)...




The start of my title using the glitter word stickers
 

I punched circles out of different patterned papers to tie in with the circular photo
 

I've no idea why I had two photos of this scene (its not like any of us are that good-looking!)
 

I tried to keep the embellies tone-on-tone
 

The end of my title, using the American Craft 'Fitzgerald' glitter thickers (in peacock)
 

I used that little fox from the ephemera pack, I could say because my little sister is 'foxy' but that is not the reason for it.  I used it simple because it was the right colour!
 
So there we have todays creation.  Have a great weekend everyone x
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
p.s. for anyone who still doesn't know what the tick tock was...
it was my wrist watch!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen I am so jealous of those glittery words, I didn't think I 'needed' them but I really do! Might try and find them somewhere (not as keen on the Shine ones) but I feel guilty if I shop anywhere except LFE these days! I would much rather give my money to Nicola than some of these bigger companies (cause we don't want her to go bust!). I am keeping the foxes to do a layout about my daughters car (it's a VW Fox!) but as yet haven't got around to taking photo's!
    OK now's time to big up your page! LOVE the circles traveling up the side of the photo (or down!), the little circle photo and the BIG GLITTERY HAPPY!
    Hope your weekend has been good, I have just got back from my weekend crop and had to catch up with the blogging/Facebook shenanigans! I got a few layouts done so my blog will have some activity!!!!!! Catch you later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check my new article about apple nutrition.I hope you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!